EmuTos CVS (2015/04/20) is released. EmuTos is a GEMDOS compatible operating system for Atari ST series computers. It is made from Digital Research’s GPLed original sources and is a free and open source replacement for common TOS images for Atari ST emulators.
PCSX2 Git (2015/04/22) is compiled. PCSX2 is an open source PlayStation 2 (PS2) emulator for the Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. With the most recent versions, many PS2 games are playable (although speed limitations have made play-to-completion tests for many games impractical), and several games are claimed to have full functionality.
PCSX2 Git Changelog:
* gsdx-ogl: disable slow and buggy code until I found a better solution
ogl_texture_storage 1 creates texture corruption.
Advance date is too slow, code need to be updated (properly) to uses 2 passes only not 3
Maybe one could be enough (sometimes)
* gsdx-ogl: increase the number of pbo
It would cost 16MB of extra storage on the GPU but it might
reduce conflict of texture upload.
* gsdx-ogl: speed improvement for DATE
DATE is implemented in 2 ways.
1/ with stencil
2/ purely in FS (sw)
I kept method 1 to reduce the work on method 2. It sucks for performance.
So it would be either 1 or 2.
Note: DATE has a big impact on higher upscaling
Note2: you can disable the 2nd method with this configuration parameter
override_GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store = 0
* revert previous commit
Not better, worst slower.
I’m afraid I will need proper fencing
* gsdx ogl: restore GL_MAP_COHERENT_BIT for texture upload
I hope to fix the texture upload corruption
I hope that impact on perf will remain small
* gsdx ogl: flush vbo range instead of barrier
For testing purpose. I don’t know which one is better.
It seems flushing have less fps fluctuation than barrier.
* gsdx-ogl: improve speed of vertex streaming
Note yet enabled because I’m afraid of data corruption but feel free to test it
ogl_vertex_storage = 1
Performance note (warm cache+gs replay on colin3)
60 fps -> 76 fps
* gsdx-ogl: add an optimization note for later
Only 1 byte of fog is useful
* glsl: fix debugging of tex coordinate in apitrace
* gsdx-ogl: implement a new hack UserHacks_UnscaleSprite for opengl
UserHacks_UnscaleSprite = 1 will unscale flat sprites
UserHacks_UnscaleSprite = 2 will unscale all sprites (don’t work well so far)
The idea of the hack is to redo the interpolation of texture coordinate
based on the non-upscaled pixel position.
It avoids various glitches but sprites aren’t upscaled anymore (so no
more anti-aliasing, potentially a coefficient can be added).
* gsdx-ogl: only compile useful VS
logz is a constant
wildhack is only compatbile with TME/FST
Compilation goes down from 64 to 20 vertex shaders.
Play! Git (2015/04/22) is complied. Play! is an attempt at creating an emulator for the PlayStation 2 (PS2) console on the Windows platform. It is currently written in C/C++. It uses an instruction caching/recompilation scheme to achieve better performance while emulating the CPU.
Play! Git Changelog:
* Merge branch ‘vu-minor’
* Moved BuildStatusInIT function.
* Share code between FSAND and FSOR vu ops.
* Add some missing VU flag related lower ops.
* Log some cases of cfc2/ctc2 that aren’t handled.
Better to struggle on than flat-out crash.
* Add vu1’s micromem to the memory map.
It may not be working yet, but vu1’s mem is there after all.
* Prevent MFHI1 and MFLO1 from trashing R0.
* Added MADDU1 implementation.
* Merge pull request #43 from unknownbrackets/vcxproj
Enable multiprocessor compile in all MSVC projects
* Enable multiprocessor compile in all projects.
Also, enable “favor speed” for Release builds.
* Merge branch ‘master’ of https://github.com/jpd002/Play-
* All Win32 projects now link with PlayCore. Also activated AutoTest build.
* Added PlayCore project in Win32 build.
* Build fixes.
* Updated XIB files on OSX.
* Title bar will now show executable name on OSX.
* Lowered deployment target to 10.9 on OSX.
* Added result comparison in AutoTest.
* Fixed Utils::GetLine not properly giving away empty lines.
* Removed some printf in PS2OS.
* Fixed AutoTest build.
* Fixed PsfPlayer build.
* Merge branch ‘master’ into psu
* Fixed memory view not showing proper memory zone when doing “Go To Address”
* Make sure IE bit is set when leaving interrupt handler (fixes Capcom vs SNK 2 and probably others)
* Added another auto detect function.
x360ce SVN r1182 is compiled. Xbox 360 Controller Emulator (a wrapper library that translates the xinput calls to directinput calls) which allows your controller (GamePad, Joystick, Wheel, …) to function like an Xbox 360 controller on a Windows PC. For example it allows you to play Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game with Logitech wheel.
x360ce SVN Changelog:
Negative axis fix changes for application.
Negative axis fix
Udated xinput resource files.
Force feedback PeriodicSine crash fix. Unnecessary solution file removed.
Application header now displays build number.
digital sign batch file updated.
Version and changelog updated.
SharpDX and XInput Updated to 184.108.40.2063
fix for “Fix issue with axis on 64-bit systems.”
Fix issue with axis on 64-bit systems.
Fix: all values without modifier flag are treated like Button.
Link to x360ce.zip updated.
Project64 Git (2015/04/22) is compiled. Project 64 is a proprietary Nintendo 64 emulator for Windows. It employs a plug-in system that allows third-party software developers to create their own implementation of a specified component. Project64 allows the user to play Nintendo 64 games on a computer by reading ROM images, either dumped from the read-only memory of a Nintendo 64 cartridge or created directly on the computer as homebrew. Project64 started as an exercise by Jabo and zilmar in an attempt to see if they were capable of programming a Nintendo 64 emulator. It’s open source now.
Project64 Git Changelog:
* Merge pull request #413 from LegendOfDragoon/master
Add some ALECK64 games to the RDB
* Add Vivid Dolls (J) [ALECK64] to the RDB
* Add Tower & Shaft (J) [ALECK64] to the RDB
* Add Donchan Puzzle Hanabi de Doon to the RDB
* Add Guru – Kuru Kuru Fever (J) [ALECK64] to the RDB
* Add Magical Tetris Challenge [ALECK64] to the RDB
* Add Star Soldier [ALECK64] to the RDB
* Add Eleven Beat [ALECK64] to the RDB
* Merge pull request #409 from cxd4/i_accidentally_your_function_inside_my_function
some more high-level code reusability via functions
* no longer multiple references to recently added `STRING_SIZE` constant
It seems that zilmar would rather use the sizeof() operator repeatedly than to declare a new constant or use macros to show array sizes. Since I have already centralized the usage of all sizeof() operators to the new high-level function I declared, I think that there is no longer use for the `STRING_SIZE` constant which Lioncash contributed.
* reusable functions in high-level code for About dialog messages
* Merge pull request #411 from cxd4/nub_lern_2_cheet
optimized cheat codes parsing a little bit
mGBA Git (2015/04/21) is compiled. mGBA is a new emulator for running Game Boy Advance games. It aims to be faster and more accurate than many existing Game Boy Advance emulators, as well as adding features that other emulators lack.
Support for gamepad axes, e.g. analog sticks or triggers
Add scale presets for up to 6x
Bilinear resampling option
Add option to skip BIOS start screen
List of recently opened games
Support for games using the Solar Sensor
Better audio resampling via blip-buf
Game Pak overrides dialog for setting savetype and sensor values
Support for games using the tilt sensor
Remappable shortcuts for keyboard and gamepad
Rewinding of emulation
Implemented BIOS routines SoftReset, RegisterRamReset, Diff8bitUnFilterWram, Diff8bitUnFilterVram, and Diff16bitUnFilter
Save directory of last loaded file
Support BPS patches
Automatically detect and optimize out idle loops
Configurable game overrides
Support loading 7-Zip files
Drag and drop game loading
Cheat code support
Runtime configurable audio driver
Libretro core for use with RetroArch and other front-ends
Controller profiles for setting different bindings for different controllers
Ability to lock aspect ratio
Local link cable support
Ability to switch which game controller is in use per instance
Ability to prevent opposing directional input
Warning dialog if an unimplemented BIOS feature is called
Debugger: Add CLI “frame”, frame advance command
Debugger: Add CLI functions for writing to memory
Debugger: Add CLI functions for examining memory regions
Debugger: Add CLI function for writing a register
mGBA Git Changelog:
* SDL: Fix pointer aliasing warning
* SDL: Fix Windows build
* Qt: Add incomplete sensor mapping editor
* SDL: Add ability to control gyro sensor with left analog stick (currently hardcoded)
* SDL: Add ability to control tilt sensor with right analog stick (currently hardcoded)
* Qt: Fix multiplayer windows opening as the wrong size
* SDL: Ensure switching gamepad uses haptic from the right gamepad
BizHawk SVN r9314 is compiled. BizHawk is a A multi-system emulator written in C#. BizHawk provides nice features for casual gamers such as full screen, and joypad support in addition to full rerecording and debugging tools for all system cores.
BizHawk Supported Systems
– Nintendo Entertainment System / Famicom / Famicom Disk System (NES/FDS)
– Super Nintendo (SNES)
– Nintendo 64
– Gameboy Color
– Super Gameboy
– Sega Master System
– Game Gear
– Sega Genesis
– Sega Saturn
– PC-Engine (TurboGrafx-16) / CD-ROM
– Atari 2600
– Atari 7800
– TI-83 Calculator
– Gameboy Advance
BizHawk SVN Changelog:
fix bsnes xml loading
progress on MultiDiskBundler
start the MultiDiskBundler tool, that will make it easy to make multi-game xml files such as for Apple II and dual gameboy (and eventually other systems)
when quicknes doesn’t support a game and we magically fallback to neshawk, show a message on screen, since nobody reads the statusbar information
Apple II – mnemonics
“Correct” IPS applier to resize file if it tries to write off end. I’m not sure what the spec behavior is, but this works for at least one file in the wild.
WinVICE SVN r29628 is compiled. WinVICE is a program that executes programs intended for the old 8-bit computers. The current version emulates the C64, the C128, the VIC20, all the PET models (except the SuperPET 9000, which is out of line anyway), the PLUS4 and the CBM-II (aka C610).
WinVICE SVN Changelog:
Some (freebsd) clang fixes.
Citra Git (2015/04/22) is compiled. This is the trunk of Citra Project. Citra is an experimental open-source Nintendo 3DS emulator/debugger written in C++. At this time, it only emulates a very small subset of 3DS hardware, and therefore is only useful for booting/debugging very simple homebrew demos. Citra is licensed under the GPLv2. Refer to the license.txt file included.
Citra Git Changelog:
* Merge pull request #706 from lioncash/unused
dyncom: Remove more unused/unnecessary code
* dyncom: Remove more unused/unnecessary code
Gets rid of a sizeable amount of stuff in armdefs.
VisualBoyAdvance-M SVN r1358 is compiled. VisualBoyAdvance-M(VBA-M) is a [Super] Game Boy [Color / Advance] emulator for Windows, Linux & Mac. Here you can get information about the latest development build of the Windows version and download it while you’re at it.
VisualBoyAdvance-M SVN changelog:
Initial changes for compiling the wx build under Visual Studio
Cleaned up the loading of the config file (vbam.ini)
Fixed the throttle menu option
Switched the VS solution over to the runtime DLL
Fixed the debug printf feature in the case where a debugger is not attached.
Fixed the crash that would occur if vbam.ini and vbam.cfg are not found
Missed this change in r1349
Re-enabled the debugger in the command line version (SDL)