PCSX2 Git (2015/04/22) is compiled. PCSX2 is an open source PlayStation 2 (PS2) emulator for the Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. With the most recent versions, many PS2 games are playable (although speed limitations have made play-to-completion tests for many games impractical), and several games are claimed to have full functionality.
PCSX2 Git Changelog:
* gsdx-ogl: disable slow and buggy code until I found a better solution
ogl_texture_storage 1 creates texture corruption.
Advance date is too slow, code need to be updated (properly) to uses 2 passes only not 3
Maybe one could be enough (sometimes)
* gsdx-ogl: increase the number of pbo
It would cost 16MB of extra storage on the GPU but it might
reduce conflict of texture upload.
* gsdx-ogl: speed improvement for DATE
DATE is implemented in 2 ways.
1/ with stencil
2/ purely in FS (sw)
I kept method 1 to reduce the work on method 2. It sucks for performance.
So it would be either 1 or 2.
Note: DATE has a big impact on higher upscaling
Note2: you can disable the 2nd method with this configuration parameter
override_GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store = 0
* revert previous commit
Not better, worst slower.
I’m afraid I will need proper fencing
* gsdx ogl: restore GL_MAP_COHERENT_BIT for texture upload
I hope to fix the texture upload corruption
I hope that impact on perf will remain small
* gsdx ogl: flush vbo range instead of barrier
For testing purpose. I don’t know which one is better.
It seems flushing have less fps fluctuation than barrier.
* gsdx-ogl: improve speed of vertex streaming
Note yet enabled because I’m afraid of data corruption but feel free to test it
ogl_vertex_storage = 1
Performance note (warm cache+gs replay on colin3)
60 fps -> 76 fps
* gsdx-ogl: add an optimization note for later
Only 1 byte of fog is useful
* glsl: fix debugging of tex coordinate in apitrace
* gsdx-ogl: implement a new hack UserHacks_UnscaleSprite for opengl
UserHacks_UnscaleSprite = 1 will unscale flat sprites
UserHacks_UnscaleSprite = 2 will unscale all sprites (don’t work well so far)
The idea of the hack is to redo the interpolation of texture coordinate
based on the non-upscaled pixel position.
It avoids various glitches but sprites aren’t upscaled anymore (so no
more anti-aliasing, potentially a coefficient can be added).
* gsdx-ogl: only compile useful VS
logz is a constant
wildhack is only compatbile with TME/FST
Compilation goes down from 64 to 20 vertex shaders.