PCSX2 Git (2016/02/29) is compiled. PCSX2 is an open source PlayStation 2 (PS2) emulator for the Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. With the most recent versions, many PS2 games are playable (although speed limitations have made play-to-completion tests for many games impractical), and several games are claimed to have full functionality.
PCSX2 Git Changelog:
* Merge pull request #1202 from PCSX2/atomic-v2
* Common: delete most of the deprecated atomic API
* Common: port code to std::atomic
* MTVU: port ScopedLockBool to std::atomic
* MTVU: partially port code to MTVU
Remains volatize as MTGS and the ScopedLockBool stuff
* VU: port BaseVUmicroCPU to std::atomic
* GS.h: use std::atomic
* MTGS: port to std::atomic
Except the ring pointers m_ReadPos/m_WritePos because it requires
memory access optimization
* Deci2: port to std::atomic
* Gif: port code to std::atomic
* System: port to std::atomic
v2: use an explicit int type for clang
// multiple conversions from switch condition type
// ‘std::atomic‘ to an integral or enumeration type
v3/v4: use .load to read variable (clang 3.7)
v5: add back ‘std::atomic‘ now that .load is used everywhere
* PluginManager: port to std::atomic
* gui: use std::atomic bool to manage the gui
V2: Don’t use 64 bits atomic (I’m not sure it is legal on 32 bits)
Note: Clang-3.7 fails to link
* EE: use std::atomic for reset variable
* common:threading: Port NonblockingMutex to std::atomic_flag
* common: port ScopedPtrMT to std::atomic
v3: tentative fix for MSVC
// ScopedPtrMT.h(91, 0): error C2593: ‘operator ==’ is ambiguous
* Merge pull request #1206 from pgert/master
Update & Improvements of Swedish GUI-translation.
* Update & Improvements of Swedish GUI-translation.
* windows: spu2-x does not use the emitter
So let’s not specify it as a build dependency.
Also remove some unnecessary manual library linkage and remove the
wsWidgets GUI property sheet, which does nothing useful.
* 3rdparty: add zlib project reference to libpng
It was missing.
* gsnull: Remove GSsetWindowInfo
PCSX2 doesn’t actually use it.
GSnull also seems a bit behind the current GS plugin API – perhaps it
should be removed.
* xpad: Change to Unicode project and remove unused headers
Also remove an unnecessary ASSERT define, and delete the copy
Download: PCSX2 Git (2016/02/29)
MESS Git (2016/02/29) is compiled. MESS(Multi Emulator Super System) is an open source emulator which emulates a large variety of different systems. MESS is a source-available project which documents the hardware for a wide variety of (mostly vintage) computers, video game consoles, and calculators through software emulation, as MAME does for arcade games. As a nice side effect to this documentation, MESS allows software and games for these hardware platforms to be run on modern PCs.
MESS Git Changelog:
* ui: changed filter label from “Originals” to “Parents” (MT06143)
* fix compile on 32bit mingw (nw)
* ps2.cpp: fix debug build validation (nw)
* at.cpp: fix debug build validation (nw)
* cleanup (nw)
* Merge pull request #661 from bradhugh/topics/input_modules
Rewrite input routines as modules [Brad Hughes]
* Merge input modules work.
* Refactor OSD input into modules
* Portuguese [Ashura-X]
* added French (Belgium) per request, used French as starting point (nw)
* Update for Chinese [YuiFAN]
* New clones added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Jingle Bell (EU, V141) [Roberto Fresca, Ioannis Bampoulas]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
Jingle Bell (US, V157) [Roberto Fresca, Ioannis Bampoulas]
Jingle Bell (EU, V155) [Roberto Fresca, Ioannis Bampoulas]
Jingle Bell (EU, V153) [Roberto Fresca, Ioannis Bampoulas]
* IGS009 driver improvements: Added both missing PPI8255 devices and routed
all inputs/outputs through them. Derived a memory map for Grand Prix ’98,
that seems to lacks of these devices. [Roberto Fresca]
* Notetaker: Fix divide by zero crash. Add more comments about system architecture. Fix a missing address map entry. (n/w)
* some strings internationalization. (nw)
* small fix by spelling bee team 3
* tms1k: added TP0320 skeleton
* hh_tms1k: notes
* added compiling SDL2 for Android (nw)
* Added some notes about chryangla encryption…
* New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
Cherry Angel (encrypted, W-4 hardware) [Roberto Fresca, Ioannis Bampoulas]
* -verbose enable debug data with -video bgfx (nw)
* fixed issue noticed for racedrivpan (nw)
* thoop2.cpp: oki memory map instead of memcpy (nw)
* Update for Chinese [YuiFAN]
* Merge pull request #656 from motoschifo/master
Added -exit_after_playback to man pages
* Added -exit_after_playback to man pages
* Merge pull request #659 from AntoPISA/patch-5
Update Italian string.po
* Update Italian string.po
Many translations and corrections; now missing a few techniques phrases.
* Clean up a bit more legacy code
* fixed VS build. (nw)
* Fix issue on win (nw)
* compiles but crash on OSX with bundled one (nw)
* Separated windows only part in SDL2 build and prepared osx one (nw)
* made makefile executable without gnu tools (nw)
* Clean up Japanese translations a little
– be more consistent spacing/punctuation
– remove some bad translations that are worse than nothing
– add/update a few translations
Download: MESS Git (2016/02/29) x86
Download: MESS Git (2016/02/29) x64
Yabause Git (2016/02/28) is compiled. Yabause is a Sega Saturn Emulator(SS Emulator) for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.Yabause support booting games using Saturn cds or iso files.
Yabause Git Changelog:
* Merge pull request #170 from d356/int-op-2-24
vidsoft: optimize interlaced modes
* vidsoft: optimize interlaced modes
Download: Yabause Git (2016/02/28)
GLideN64 Git (2016/02/29) is compiled. GLideN64 is a new generation, open-source graphics plugin for N64 emulators
GLideN64 Git Changelog:
* Merge branch ‘master’ of https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64
* Fix flat shading.
Fixed 2D tokens in Tetrispere.
* Correct mipmap shader.
Fixed Tetrisphere blending or texture issue on Mr. Education’sphere #682
* Correct main bufer height calculation.
Fixed flicker in Bomberman Hero (E) , issue #305
* correct CMakeLists.txt
Download: GLideN64 Git (2016/02/29)
Citra Git (2016/02/29) is compiled. This is the trunk of Citra Project. Citra is an experimental open-source Nintendo 3DS emulator/debugger written in C++. At this time, it only emulates a very small subset of 3DS hardware, and therefore is only useful for booting/debugging very simple homebrew demos. Citra is licensed under the GPLv2. Refer to the license.txt file included.
Citra Git Changelog:
* Merge pull request #1427 from MerryMage/emit-lbit
x64 Emitter: Fix L bit in VEX prefix
* x64 Emitter: Fix L bit in VEX prefix
Download: Citra Git (2016/02/29) x64
BizHawk Git (2016/02/29) is compiled. BizHawk is a A multi-system emulator written in C#. BizHawk provides nice features for casual gamers such as full screen, and joypad support in addition to full rerecording and debugging tools for all system cores.
BizHawk Supported Systems
– Nintendo Entertainment System / Famicom / Famicom Disk System (NES/FDS)
– Super Nintendo (SNES)
– Nintendo 64
– Gameboy Color
– Super Gameboy
– Sega Master System
– Game Gear
– Sega Genesis
– Sega Saturn
– PC-Engine (TurboGrafx-16) / CD-ROM
– Atari 2600
– Atari 7800
– TI-83 Calculator
– Gameboy Advance
BizHawk Git Changelog:
* move assorting junk from the Output directory to Assets; add build step to copy them from Assets to the appropriate 32/64 output directory
* 64 bit quicknes. Change both quicknes and wswan to not static their deps, and include libstdc++/etc as needed. Other cores will get the same treatment, so overall we should save space
* Get the right 7z.dll for 64 bit
* 64 bit wonderswan
* Merge branch ‘master’ of https://github.com/TASVideos/BizHawk
* 7zip 64 bit hot off the presses
* Emulation.Common – Move Emulator Services to their own folder
* Add x64 target to luainterface. Build and add to references
* supposedly a x64 slimdx. is it really?
* Misc code cleanups in Emulation.Common
* Move around LuaInterface.dll as well in preparation for 64 bit build
* Add 64 bit blip buf and libspeexdsp builds
* Merge branch ‘master’ of ssh://github.com/TASVideos/bizhawk
* tracer: print header when switching to file while already enabled.
* Add 64 bit build (doesn’t work yet), move SlimDX.dll
* .gitignore the Virtu bin folder
* Make an ISpecializedEmulatorService interface to show the intent of certain interfaces. In the core feature analysis, don’t show these are unimplemented, as they aren’t expected to be implemented by all cores. Make ILinkable inherit this interface.
Also check in ILinkable, I forgot to do that last time
* Remove CoreComm link cable properties and turn it into an ILInkable service instead
* Remove some unused code and usings
* Merge branch ‘master’ of ssh://github.com/TASVideos/bizhawk
* Add a TODO!
* Remove mystery “Mixed Platforms”, “Any CPU”, and “Win32” solution targets that aren’t used and don’t do anything useful
* gpgx: custom backdrop color.
* ocd cleanup
* Prevent Advanced loader from pooping all over every other tool, this needs to be refactored
* SMS – break up services into separate files
* capture Sega CD flag in movies
* Trace header for GB
* Tracer header for Atari 2600
* Apple II tracer header
* Traceer – header for NesHawk and PCE
* TI-83 – implement trace logger (lol)
* nice Trace header for SMS, and Coleco
Download: BizHawk Git (2016/02/29)
PPSSPP Git (2016/02/29) is compiled. PPSSPP is a fast and portable PSP emulator for Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux, written in C++.
PPSSPP Git Changelog:
* Merge pull request #8615 from unknownbrackets/savestates
Fix save state icons when in a different path than PPSSPP
* VFS: Only use Windows paths on Windows, cleanup.
* VFS: Support local paths on Windows too.
This fixes cases where local paths are read from, but not within the
registered VFS paths. For example, save state icons.
* SaveState: Clean up some constant usage.
* Merge pull request #8614 from unknownbrackets/vbo-freelist
Maintain and use a freelist for buffer objects
* Maintain and use a freelist for buffer objects.
Only for sized buffers, which are the ones we gain something from reusing.
* ISOFileSystem: Remove the “restrictTree” functionality which is now obsolete with lazy directory loading.
* Merge pull request #8613 from hrydgard/iso-filesystem-lazy
“Lazy load” directory information in ISOFilesystem
* ISOFileSystem: Lazily load directory information as needed. Should speed up game icon loading a bit.
* ISOFileSystem: Move the level into the tree nodes
* ISOFileSystem: Move the startsector and dirsize information into the tree nodes
* ISOFileSystem coding style cleanup to reduce future diffs
* Better way to find the git exe for git-version-gen, thanks Unknown.
* x86-64: Fix L bit in VEX instruction emitter. Ported fix from Citra.
Currently unused in the emulator, though.
* Make the workqueue slightly safer. Put g_gameInfoCache on the heap.
Cherry-picked from #8592
* Attempt workaround for #8610
* Make git-version-gen work with a freshly installed 64-bit git msys.
For some reason %ProgramFiles% returns the (x86) one anyway…
Download: PPSSPP Git (2016/02/29) x86
Download: PPSSPP Git (2016/02/29) x64
Download: PPSSPP Git (2016/02/29) Android
Dolphin Git 4.0-9026 is compiled. This is the trunk of Dolphin Project. Dolphin is the first Gamecube emulator able to run commercial games! Dolphin is a Gamecube, Wii and Triforce (the arcade machine based on the Gamecube) emulator which supports many extra features and abilities not present on the original consoles. It has a partial Wii support and plays most Gamecube games.
Dolphin Git changelog:
* Merge pull request #3355 from mimimi085181/partial-texture-updates-check-dimensions
Partial texture updates: Check the dimensions of the efb copy
* Copy all layers of textures with CopyRectangleFromTexture
* For partial texture updates check the dimensions of the efb copy and the target texture, not just the binary size.
This should get Donkey Kong Country Returns characters to be as broken as they should be. They will be fixed in a later pr.
Expected result is:
efbtex: characters are always flickering or invisible, no matter what scaling or IR setting
efb2ram: characters are always working properly at 1xIR, no matter what scaling or IR setting
* Merge pull request #3681 from degasus/arm
JitArm64: Don’t generate the carry if it’s not used any more.
* JitArm64: Don’t generate the carry if it’s not used any more.
Download: Dolphin Git 4.0-9026 x64
Download: Dolphin Git 4.0-9026 for Android
OpenMSX Git (2016/02/29) is complie. OpenMSX is an open source MSX emulator which is free according to the Debian Free Software Guidelines, available under the GNU General Public License.For copyright reasons the emulator cannot be distributed with original BIOS ROM images. OpenMSX includes C-BIOS a minimal implementation of the MSX BIOS, allowing to play quite some games without the need to have an original MSX BIOS ROM image. You can also use your own BIOS ROM image if you please.
OpenMSX Git Changelog:
* Cancel after-callback when reusing text_box widget
See this thread for the original problem description:
Summary plus analysis of the problem:
– OpenMSX is asked to take a screenshot every frame.
– Taking a screenshot prints a OSD message, this uses a text_box widget.
– A text_box widget registers 2 after callbacks, one for the fade-out and one
for the on-click action.
– When the text_box widget is destroyed or, like in this scenario, reused for
the next message, only the on-click callback is canceled. We forgot to cancel
the fade-out callback.
– The fade-out callback triggers after 2.5 seconds. But if at that time the
text_box widget still exists (it does in the above scenario), a new
(additional) fade-out callback is scheduled.
– So the total number of callbacks keeps on growing over time. (At least for as
long as the screenshot script keeps running. After it’s stopped, or paused
for 2.5s, everything returns to normal).
As is often the case: once the problem is know, fixing it isn’t too hard. So
this patch also cancels the fade-out callback when reusing a text_box widget.
Download: OpenMSX Git (2016/02/29) x86
Download: OpenMSX Git (2016/02/29) x64
Pantheon v4.268 is released. Pantheon is Windows desktop application with collection of games for video consoles and home computers from the past. The games are not the part of the application, instead they will be downloaded (with the game manual or review – if available) from the internet, after you activate the game. Downloaded files are stored on the local file system and will be available offline the next time you wish to play the game. Finally, the program file is loaded into the memory and executed inside the emulator. Current version has emulator of Atari 2600 with collection of 170 games, emulator of Atari 5200 with collection of 50 games and emulator of Atari 8-bit computers with collection of 26 games.
Pantheon is still in development, new features and games are added almost every day. But you may experience occasional artifacts or crashes during the gameplay, and game snapshots may not be available in the following releases.
Download: Pantheon v4.268